PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, daughter NOT

ruziska
05-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Ah the joys of parenthood: we bring into the world a beautiful bundle of love and joy. We nurture them, do our best to raise them to be productive citizens of the world. They grow up and move out. And sometimes they come back. But that's ok. They will always be our babies no matter how old they and we are and we love them and will do almost anything for our children and if they have fallen on unfortunate circumstances and need to come home for awhile, then we gladly welcome them and ALL their stuff back. That's what good parents do, so I've been told. So my darling daughter's boyfriend wakes up one morning and informs her that he is over her and wants her to move out RIGHT NOW (I never did like that boy) so Mommy and Daddy move her back in. Along will all her stuff that she had before she moved out and stuff that she acquired since moving out, she brought home a very, very nasty cold. She was hacking up a lung. She was pasty white. She went throw several boxes of tissues. She had absolutely no appetite. I nursed my darling daughter back to health and within 48 hours was well on the road to recovery... and a week later now YOUR'S TRULY is the one hacking up a lung. "No good deed goes unpunished" so the saying goes. Now it is darling daughter's turn to take care of ME. Welcome home darling daughter. Now if you'll excuse me I've got to blow my nose...

tgal
05-27-2011, 12:03 PM
LOL At least we know that you taught her to SHARE

Feel better!

magistramarla
05-29-2011, 10:07 PM
LOL,
I have to laugh with you - I've been through this so many times.
Hugs,
Marla

ruziska
05-30-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm feeling much better, the worst is definitely over. However, hubby now has it and he is the biggest baby ever!!! Cranky doesn't begin to cover it. Thankfully he goes to work tomorrow so I'll have 8 hours of peace and quiet...

BonusMom
05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Glad you're feeling better, but sorry that your hubby has picked up the bug because, unfortunately, they are THE biggest babies!

Enjoy your peace and quiet tomorrow!

scubagramplit
06-01-2011, 08:07 AM
cut us some slack girls, that is probably just our feeling trying to show through:~}