PDA

View Full Version : Music and Life

tgal
05-25-2011, 11:08 AM
I am not sure how big a part music plays with all of you but to me it is huge. There are times I hear songs and I KNOW it is just what I needed to hear or just what I need to say. I decided to start this thread to share songs, lyrics, videos that inspire us or that touches us in some way.

About 1:30 this morning ( I haven't slept since Monday night) I heard this song and knew I had to share it with a young man I know and love who is going in for his bone marrow transplant this week. Today when I was reading some threads it hit me that this song also fits for me, in this place. Sometimes I am the one standing by others and sometimes others are standing by me but this always fits

I Won't Let Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW9zMSwKIdU

ritzbit
05-25-2011, 11:32 AM
I listen to that song almost everyday! I love it! This is one that I've listened to a lot recently, especially when I was flaring really bad in March.

Someday- Rob Thomas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6pODq8_FxE

tgal
05-25-2011, 11:41 AM
LOVE That one! Rob Thomas (with and without Matchbox 20) is one of my all time favorite artists. His music touches my soul. Yes, someday it's all going to be better. Thanks for sharing that!

ritzbit
05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
On really bad days I listen to him over and over again to help me feel better. That one always helps. He is also one of my favorites =)

Toradoradi
05-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Music is a major outlight of stress for me. I listen to it constantly and am always singing something. It is my way of getting through and way of expressing things. One of my favorite artist of all time is Andrew McMahon, the lead singer of Jack's mannequin. He has been through so much and has had cancer and almost died from it and alot of his music reflects that and it helps me get through what I'm going through now. Not sure if you guys have heard of him or listen to him but he is amazing. I also like Rob Thomas and have quite alot of his older stuff on my iPhone. So much music out there helps and inspires ms and I would not be able to get through the day if we didn't have it.

Great thread here Mari!

You've gotta swim
Swim for your life
Swim for the music
That saves you
When you're not so sure you'll survive
You gotta swim
And swim when it hurts
The whole world is watching
You haven't come this far
To fall off the earth
The currents will pull you
Away from your love
Just keep your head above

-Jack's Mannequin:Swim

Gizmo
05-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Great thread, Mari! Rascal Flats has another great song: Then You Stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcEA36jW66c

Nonna
05-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Music has always been my life. I don't really listen to the word, but the music itself heals. I got through my divorce by listening to the Top Gun sound track. "Danger Zone" driving down the freeway was the best frustration release, music going full blast and driving my cares away. I find now that I listen to a lot more "Blues" like Tinsley Ellis. I have a station on Pandora for Blues and they play things like Credence and Rare Earth. I know this shows my age but maybe it's like going back in time to when I felt healthy. Who knows, I just feel better listening

hugs to all
Music is emotion so it releases emotions

rob
05-26-2011, 05:50 AM
Music is a huge part of my life. My tastes run the gamut from The Eagles to Andrea Bocelli, and everything in between. Long before it was known as the song in the Chevy truck TV commercials, Like a Rock, by Bob Seger, became an inspirational, and motivational song for me, and it still is today, 25 years after the first time I listened to it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIvA2wSPZc

tgal
05-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Great thread, Mari! Rascal Flats has another great song: Then You Stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcEA36jW66c

This is another one of my favorites! I sent this one to my young cancer friend a few weeks back! It is so very true. Thanks for posting this one!

tgal
05-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Music is a major outlight of stress for me. I listen to it constantly and am always singing something. It is my way of getting through and way of expressing things. One of my favorite artist of all time is Andrew McMahon, the lead singer of Jack's mannequin. He has been through so much and has had cancer and almost died from it and alot of his music reflects that and it helps me get through what I'm going through now. Not sure if you guys have heard of him or listen to him but he is amazing. I also like Rob Thomas and have quite alot of his older stuff on my iPhone. So much music out there helps and inspires ms and I would not be able to get through the day if we didn't have it.

Great thread here Mari!

You've gotta swim
Swim for your life
Swim for the music
That saves you
When you're not so sure you'll survive
You gotta swim
And swim when it hurts
The whole world is watching
You haven't come this far
To fall off the earth
The currents will pull you
Away from your love
Just keep your head above

-Jack's Mannequin:Swim

Great lyrics! Thanks for sharing those!

tgal
05-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Rob oh Rob!! My all time favorite artist! I have seen him live 3 times and was so upset that I couldn't see him when he was in houston last month! His music touches my soul and it was a wonderful surprise to wake up to him this morning.

I am loving this thread.

tgal
05-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Music has always been my life. I don't really listen to the word, but the music itself heals. I got through my divorce by listening to the Top Gun sound track. "Danger Zone" driving down the freeway was the best frustration release, music going full blast and driving my cares away. I find now that I listen to a lot more "Blues" like Tinsley Ellis. I have a station on Pandora for Blues and they play things like Credence and Rare Earth. I know this shows my age but maybe it's like going back in time to when I felt healthy. Who knows, I just feel better listening

hugs to all
Music is emotion so it releases emotions

Perfectly stated Nonna. An emotional release! exactly!

rob
05-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Here's another Bob Seger Tune that both relaxes, and inspires me. It's a little known song called By the River-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Qm9Wcg2wQ

rob
05-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Rob oh Rob!! My all time favorite artist! I have seen him live 3 times and was so upset that I couldn't see him when he was in houston last month! His music touches my soul and it was a wonderful surprise to wake up to him this morning.

I am loving this thread.

Cool Mari! I've seen Seger live twice now! I have every album he's ever made in my collection. I see we also have some Rob Thomas fans here. I saw Matchbox 20 live a few years back ,and it was awesome. Rob Thomas rocks.

magistramarla
05-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Mari,
The only one that pops into my tired mind right now is my favorite for romantic reasons - "Remember When" by Alan Jackson.
The lyrics seem like they were written to describe the life that Jeff and I have lived.
Of course, this leads me to remember "Color My World" by Chicago, which was our wedding song.
Hugs from the hopeless romantic,
Marla

steve.b
05-26-2011, 11:05 PM
welcome to music appreciation class.

this site has everything.
thank you all for the input.

sprant
05-26-2011, 11:10 PM
What a fantastic post. I have just been listening to your songs and they were a treat. Music is really important to me too. It is my profession, I am a music therapist and work with children with a range of needs. I am so use to using music for others that sometimes I can overlook it's importance for myself.

I have two songs: one that really spoke to me when I found my life had changed direction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=warV7a_QCmU

And another one by a new zealand artist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLgPTeTRjeI

Enjoy

tgal
05-27-2011, 07:03 AM
welcome to music appreciation class.

this site has everything.
thank you all for the input.

LOL Steve! Well the lounge is for anything so this is anything

steve.b
05-27-2011, 07:33 AM
and i have a youtube downloader.
so when you place a link here,
i download it, so i can see what you enjoy.
i have played a couple of these songs over,and over.

tgal
05-28-2011, 07:37 PM
This is one that I can relate to on the days I am feeling sick and at my worst. I am attaching the acoustic version because it sounds more haunting and lonely and that is when this song touches me the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rUPIzgTGI&feature=related

Peridot20_Gem
05-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Well this is an all time classic record by Foreigner (I want to know what love is)

I had people around me who loved me while i was ill, yet i always felt i was searching for love and it makes me realize i'm still fighting today healthwise and i've still got a long way to go but have the love now through my hubby & my second close family of the WHL and i'd love to share it with you.

http://youtu.be/Mf60cQFc1nQ

rob
05-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Well this is an all time classic record by Foreigner (I want to know what love is)

I had people around me who loved me while i was ill, yet i always felt i was searching for love and it makes me realize i'm still fighting today healthwise and i've still got a long way to go but have the love now through my hubby & my second close family of the WHL and i'd love to share it with you.

I saw Foreigner perform this song live, and they had a choir that came out and sang the final chorus. It was simply awesome, and Lou Gramm just belted out the song perfectly. It was really awe inspiring. Foreigner is one of my all time favorite bands.

Peridot20_Gem
05-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Rob,

They're fantastic mate and it always makes me fill up when listening to it, it really reminds me of my life and what i was looking for... for so long but i've still got the battle of health to fight.

tgal
05-29-2011, 04:26 PM

Good one!!!

Editing this because I want it clear that I said "good one" about the song not about the meaning! I even confused myself for a minute!

tgal
05-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I saw Foreigner perform this song live, and they had a choir that came out and sang the final chorus. It was simply awesome, and Lou Gramm just belted out the song perfectly. It was really awe inspiring. Foreigner is one of my all time favorite bands.

I saw them when they had the choir as well!! Too cool

Peridot20_Gem
05-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I saw them when they had the choir as well!! Too coolMari, thanks mate because i was a teenager in the 80's, well the music from then is my all time favourite.

rob
05-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I saw them when they had the choir as well!! Too cool

When they played Juke Box Hero did they have the giant jukebox that rises up in the middle of the stage?

tgal
05-29-2011, 05:45 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! For that day and age it was AWESOME special effects!

Nonna
05-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Foreigner are they the ones that do "Africa"? I love that song.

tgal
05-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Foreigner are they the ones that do "Africa"? I love that song.

That was a band named Toto. I think that was the only song they ever had that topped the charts. Could be wrong because I am horrible with names of bands and songs but I know them when I hear them (or used to. I can hear them over and over now and think I have not heard that before)

rob
05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
That was a band named Toto. I think that was the only song they ever had that topped the charts. Could be wrong because I am horrible with names of bands and songs but I know them when I hear them (or used to. I can hear them over and over now and think I have not heard that before)

That was indeed Toto. I don't know the actual numbers exactly, but they have been quite succesful since their first album in 1978. Songs you've probably heard on the radio besides Africa include- Rosanna, Hold the Line, I'll be Over You, and I Won't Hold You Back.

Here's I'll be Over You-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u1u3Q-G5xI

And Hold the Line, which is a classic IMHO-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CicJc9OxxG4&feature=related

Glibby
05-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Yay...something unrelated to lupus. Music is basically my life. Has gotten me through a lot and still continues to do so. I play a couple of instruments or a few if you want to count meh natural instrument...my voice:)Hoping to learn how to play the cello soon. Anyway...I like everyhting from rocksteady, ska, punk, neo-soul, downtempo, black metal, symphonic metal, old country(new country...not so much), r&b, conscious hip hop, new age, electronica, to folk...name the genre I can probably name artists that inspire me from each. I like artists who write their own songs and a lot of melancholy sounding stuff(the more gloomy it sounds the happier it makes me. Good times. lol) I also get giddy when severe weather approaches and it looks like doomsday outside...go figure. 0.o

Anywho...I had the pleasure of seeing these guys in 2008 in Phoenix and it was nothing short of a spiritual experience for me. lol Robert Smith's voice is an acquired taste, I suppose...but I have been a devout Cure fan since I was 10 and saw "Lovesong" on MTV(remember when they used to play vids? lol)

This song makes my heart smile no matter what kind of mood I'm in:

.....it's a perfect day for letting go
forgetting all your worries
life
and everything that makes you cry
let's get happy!
it's a perfect day for dreams come true
for thinking big
and doing anything you want to do
let's get happy!

kick out the gloom
kick out the blues
tear out the pages with all the bad news
pull down the mirrors and pull down the walls
tear up the stairs and tear up the floors
oh just burn down the house!
burn down the street!
turn everything red and the dream is complete
with the sound of your world
going up in fire
it's a perfect day to throw back your head
and kiss it all goodbye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcO6iPMbyg

And the greatness that made me a fan, lol:(WMG won't let this vid be embedded. WMG, you suck. Really.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCKLJGLENs

rob
05-30-2011, 01:19 AM
The Cure-good stuff Glibby.

Glibby
05-30-2011, 01:57 AM
The Cure-good stuff Glibby.

Good stuff, Indeed.

tgal
05-30-2011, 09:25 AM
I am with you about my taste being all over the place. You have a few more than I but one thing stands out...Old Country -Not so much...New country.. enjoy it from time to time

magistramarla
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
We usually listen to a country station, but we recently found an oldies station on AM, and we've been rocking out to it. We love the rock music from the 60s and 70s.
We've been driving around singing to the oldies for the past several days - The Beatles,Elvis, Michael Jackson, Chicago, Abba, Three Dog Night - anything that you can think of from that era.

Peridot20_Gem
05-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Marla,

Now you talking good music mate... the beatles and john lennon was the best.

Nonna
05-31-2011, 05:05 PM
I saw them twice in person when I was a teenager. Here's another way to express emotions through music. Listen and go with the music of instrumentals. Be it classical, rock, country or movie sound tracks. I like sound tracks especially as they are written to express emotion, drama, comedy or whatever.....

..... Oh Mama Mia .....

Let me know if anyone gets it. ....

rob
06-01-2011, 04:21 AM
I saw them twice in person when I was a teenager. Here's another way to express emotions through music. Listen and go with the music of instrumentals. Be it classical, rock, country or movie sound tracks. I like sound tracks especially as they are written to express emotion, drama, comedy or whatever.....

..... Oh Mama Mia .....

Let me know if anyone gets it. ....

I certainly do get it! Much of the music I love is instrumental. My favorite composer/conductor is the late John Barry. He's probably the finest composer of movie scores in history. He also put out two albums of his original works not composed for any film. One of his greatest works is this original titled Moviola-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnTujwN0y84

And one of his greatest movie scores was for the masterpiece Dances with Wolves. This piece from the film is titled The John Dunbar Theme. Beautiful stuff-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvKviaeulg

steve.b
06-01-2011, 06:53 AM
john barry was truly a great man.

tgal
06-01-2011, 07:02 AM
Marla,

I used to have an African Grey Parrot who LOVED the Beatles! When I would put on The White Album he would climb up to the top of the cage and just dance! It was so awesome to watch

rob
06-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Marla,

The world can also thank the U.K. for producing another amazing band-

tgal
06-01-2011, 09:53 AM

OK Story Time! Back in 80's we didn't have the special effects like we have now. Laser Light shows were the big thing because they were brand new. The Planetarium in Houston put on a laser light show at midnight. The sound tract for the show was Dark Side of the Moon! It was an amazing experience and I will never forget it. Sitting in the chairs that lean you back and watching the lights dart across the rounded ceiling.

I always loved Pink Floyd but that made me a bigger fan. At one time I had all of their albums but they were tossed into a symbolic cleansing fire in a BBQ Pit. Another really long story!

Peridot20_Gem
06-01-2011, 11:41 AM

3710We've had our moments Rob but the Beatles was brilliant.

rob
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I remember back around 1985 or 86, Van Halen hired a new frontman in the form of Sammy Hagar. V.H. was a hard rock staple, and Sammy Hagar was one heck of a musician as a solo act, but nobody could know what it would sound like when Sammy Hagar replaced longtime Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth.

Then, from their first album with Hagar as lead singer, called 5150, came the song with the simple title-Dreams. The video for the song was filmed with the cooperation of the U.S. Navy, and features some of the finest Naval Aviators in the service-the Blue Angels. The song, and the video, were over the top amazing, and the rest is history. If this doesn't get your blood pumping, I don't know what will. Enjoy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwi8m4SIejE

tgal
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I remember back around 1985 or 86, Van Halen hired a new frontman in the form of Sammy Hagar. V.H. was a hard rock staple, and Sammy Hagar was one heck of a musician as a solo act, but nobody could know what it would sound like when Sammy Hagar replaced longtime Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth.

Then, from their first album with Hagar as lead singer, called 5150, came the song with the simple title-Dreams. The video for the song was filmed with the cooperation of the U.S. Navy, and features some of the finest Naval Aviators in the service-the Blue Angels. The song, and the video, were over the top amazing, and the rest is history. If this doesn't get your blood pumping, I don't know what will. Enjoy-

Yeah, I can tell you and I went through the same time frame musically! I went to the 1984 concert with David Lee Roth (tripped out show) and I NEVER thought Sammy would make the cut. I haven't thought of this song in years. Thanks for bringing it up

tgal
06-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Here is another one of my all time favorites. Etta James can't be topped. There is no way to keep from smiling when you hear this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZXvLsltu2A

tgal
06-01-2011, 05:10 PM
One more along the same lines as Etta. Love Love Love It!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeLnR9uF-k

Nonna
06-02-2011, 02:51 AM

They also produced the Stones, the Dave Clark 5 and a few more during what they laughingly called the British invasion of 1962 ( I believe). It was a wonderful time for music and life for me. Medical problems aside the musicwas constantly playing whereever you went. Life was music and music was Life.

tgal
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I know many of us are going through kind of rough times right now so I thought this song would be perfect because that is what we do here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maAyfcO-X3k

rob
06-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Here's a song that calls for a tip of the hat to our friends in Australia-The Little River Band-Cool Change-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bKwRW0l-Qk

lovedbyHim
06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
THIS THREAD IS WONDERFUL!!! I read through the whole thing and it really expresses each persons deep ways of dealing with this crazy disease. I listen all day long while driving to see my clients. It heals me so much. Your choices of songs were great! If I knew how to add a song for you I would! I'm working on learning this computer stuff. LOL. Thanks again all of you! This was a wonderful experience! ((hugs)) to all of you!

Saysusie
06-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Wow..I have really enjoyed this thread and have listened to some of the most inspirational and moving music that I've heard in a long time! Marla..let me also thank you, sooo much, for starting this.
As you all know, music is my LIFE and I and drawn to songs whose lyrics move me and allow me to express my love for the art, my love for every person, and my love of this great nation that we live in.
This song, by John Legend, was written as an anthem for the 2008 Democratic National Convention, but it struck a chord with me and I have been in love with it since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WnNlMqQtuQ

tgal
06-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Wow..I have really enjoyed this thread and have listened to some of the most inspirational and moving music that I've heard in a long time! Marla..let me also thank you, sooo much, for starting this.
As you all know, music is my LIFE and I and drawn to songs whose lyrics move me and allow me to express my love for the art, my love for every person, and my love of this great nation that we live in.
This song, by John Legend, was written as an anthem for the 2008 Democratic National Convention, but it struck a chord with me and I have been in love with it since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WnNlMqQtuQ

Chuckles.. that would be Mari starting it not Marla. Glad you enjoyed it! I have loved every moment! Great song Susie! Thank you! Too bad none of our elected officials remember these things when they get into office. Both sides say the right thing to get in and then forget it all once we elect them. Looks like we are going to have to stand up and "shake the world" ourselves!

Saysusie
06-07-2011, 10:45 PM
OOPS..my Bad, sorry. Let me give props to Mari for starting the thread. :-) I tried to find a video that was not political, but alas I couldn't. I guess since it was written for the convention, it was bound to have some political overtones. However, it is the lyrics that I find so appropriate and moving and it is the lyrics that make me love the song. I have performed it several times, once with a choir behind me and I was moved to tears while singing it! I am glad that you liked the song :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
06-07-2011, 10:47 PM
OOPS..my Bad, sorry. Let me give props to Mari for starting the thread :-) I tried to find a video that was not political, but alas I couldn't. I guess since it was written for the convention, it was bound to be political. However, it is the lyrics that I find so appropriate and moving and it is the lyrics that makes me love the song. I have performed it several times, once with a choir behind me and I was moved to tears while singing it! I am glad that you liked the song :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

I had no problem with the political part! I loved the lyrics and it is what I want from our world. It just made me sad that it seems that only those of us without the power want it! Great great song and I would SOOOO love to hear you perform it! Great, great song!

magistramarla
06-08-2011, 10:10 PM
LOL - I'm flattered that SaySusie confused me with Mari.
All I did for this thread was add in my two favorite songs.
Hugs,
Marla

rob
06-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I love this music thread, so I'm giving it a bump back to the top.

I've always liked this song. From what I know, it was written for a lady who was facing some very real health problems. I see it as a song about hope, and having someone you can lean on when things get bad.

Hall and Oates had some catchy tunes in the 80's, but this song is something very different.

ETA:For whatever reason, this vid loads kinda slow. When it starts, just pause it for a bit so it can load for a few seconds, then hit play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owiSNj3Zd7A

Nonna
07-02-2011, 02:01 AM
I just reread this whole thread; thanks for bumping it up Rob. If it wasn't 4:45AM, I'd blast some music - but my family would kill me. Just cause I'm awake doesn't mean they can't sleep. I need some sleepytime music I guess

But igot brain fog and can't think
Nite

lovedbyHim
07-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Just listened to the song Rob. I think my boyfriend wrote that for me. Lol Were you chatting with him?

rob
07-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Just listened to the song Rob. I think my boyfriend wrote that for me. Lol Were you chatting with him?

I'll never tell...

Besides being a good song, I like the video because the girl reminds me of Karen.

lovedbyHim
07-02-2011, 03:21 AM
She's beautiful! It is good to be loved when things are so rough. It shows the substance of those who love us. So happy for you Rob.

lovedbyHim
07-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Omgosh! I am a Rabid pit bull. Ahahahahaha. If you tic me off bad enough that is pretty accurate.

tgal
01-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Bump...

Once again pushing this to the top for the new family members. Any music or songs that are special to you? Any songs that help you get through the bad times?

SleepyInSeattle
01-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I have wildly diverse musical tastes - Renaissance polyphany calms me down and puts me in a state of mine where the daily grind doesn't get to me as much (groups like The Tallis Scholars and Stile Antico).

My daughter is in a jazz group, so we listen to a lot of jazz standards - Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gilespie, etc....and I love that stuff. I love the Blues, too...classic, roadhouse, you name it.

I enjoy Bluegrass, Folk, and "A Prairie Home Companion" - grew up with it.

I also like country: "Here for a Good Time" by George Strait...it's upbeat and kinda funny, and reminds me to ENJOY life whenever and however I can. "Stuck on You" by Sugarland reminds me what a great relationship I have with my horse, and that he appreciates me completely without judgment and doesn't even know I am sick, which is kinda nice.

I guess I like music that calms me down when I am tense about stuff, that distracts me, or that gives me energy and some mental "sunshine" when I am feeling exhausted. Those are just some examples that spring immediately to mind, but i almost always have some sort of music playing. It sure can be GOOD MEDICINE!!!!!!

lucky7
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Love this thread Tgal! GREAT idea!!! I'm an 80's girl all the way! I also LOVE Shania Twain! "UP" is a wonderful song for ANYONE going through ANYTHING. It's about life being life! It always makes me move in my seat! My husband will also play his acoustic guitar for me a few times a week and it's so RELAXING and CALMING for me. He will play some soft, sweet melodies on the piano too and i get real sleepy! I LOVE HIM! When i listen to the 80's though i usually get all weepy because it's so nastalgic for me! LOL These damnd heightened emotions! LOL

rob
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
I enjoy Bluegrass, Folk, and "A Prairie Home Companion" - grew up with it.

I became a Bluegrass fanatic after seeing this incredibly talented (and gorgeous) lady perform live-

Click for Fullsize-

Mica
01-03-2012, 08:45 PM
LOVE That one! Rob Thomas (with and without Matchbox 20) is one of my all time favorite artists. His music touches my soul. Yes, someday it's all going to be better. Thanks for sharing that!

HAve you heard his song "Her Diamonds"? It's about his wife who has lupus. I loved that song and when I heard that I fell in love with it even more.

rob
01-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Here is that talented gorgeous lady who got me hooked on Bluegrass.

This is Alison Krauss and Union Station performing the song Dimming of the Day-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_BoIQ2scbI&feature=related