PDA

View Full Version : First day of my last week

ritzbit
05-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Today is the first day of my last week of high school. I dont think its quite set in yet that its almost over. I'm really nervous I'm not going to get the diploma I've been working for for the past 4 years, because you have to have a C average in all your AP classes. I never would have thought that I would be worrying about trying to get up to a C! My grades this term are still not great and the ones from last term are still messed up because I have zeros on my exams. This week is supposed to be fun not stressful right? lol I have until friday to fix everything. I graduate next Thursday :D

SandyR
05-23-2011, 07:29 AM
WOO HOO!!! THE END IS NEAR! And I don't mean the apocalypse. LOL. Don't worry about the AP. Easy for me to say, right? I'll tell you as a former AP nerd myself that in the long run of life, the letter grade isn't going to matter. So what if you get a C. You're still graduating! You're accomplishing the goal of doing that without delay or major educational accomodations and you should be darn proud of yourself because the only people who look at the kind of diploma you graduated with already admitted you into college and the kind of diploma that is your alternative is, in real life, just as good as the AP one. I know it probably sounds like I'm blowing your concerns off and I'm sorry if it does or if it hurts your feelings because it's not my intent. I just want you to enjoy this week. Don't stress. What's done is done and you already know you gave it your all and did the best you could with what you had to work with so you can't sit around and fret about what you can't change because that'll just make you stressed and stressed makes you sicker and now isn't the time to be stressed or sick. Now is the time to celebrate! Celebrate living! Celebrate your life and all you have accomplished and hold your head up high with pride and know that YOU have accomplished all this all on your own without help and with your morals and dignity in tack. I, for one, am quite proud of you. Our little WHL Ritzbit is all grown up. *clapping*

ritzbit
05-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Im so glad to be over. But the only reason I took some of the classes I did was to get this special stupid diploma and if I dont get it Im going to be angry lol I need to lay clothes out for myself because we have special senior week stuff this week and I know Im going to forget when Im half asleep in the morning. I am still stressed though. Even once summer gets here I'll still sadly have school stuff to worry about.

ritzbit
05-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Today was my last day you guys. And Im getting the diploma I have been working for. Maybe not with the grades Im used to but I got it :D And we had a last min pool party during school. So much fun. It was a good day.

tgal
05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
way to go Ritz!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Now maybe you can breathe a bit and with less stress you may find that you feel better!

ritzbit
05-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I sure hope so lol On a side note, do you ever experience really painful cramps in your feet? I've been having that happen alot lately. Happened while I was swimming earlier lol

bunny28
05-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Congratulations on finishing! And on getting your diploma! Hooray, I am glad that is working out for you,

As for the cramps in the feet. I get that though not recently. Not sure it is Lupus related as my mom gets them too but getting them while swimming sounds really familiar to me.

Gizmo
05-26-2011, 04:14 PM
So happy for you. You stuck it out and it was worth it! Hope you find the energy to make it to the "best" graduation parties and leave high school on a high note.

magistramarla
05-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Congratulations, Ritz!!!
You deserve to party and then have a nice rest this summer before diving into college.
Have a safe and wonderful graduation!
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
05-26-2011, 10:51 PM
you got the diploma you deserve.

well done and congratulations.

debbie-b
05-27-2011, 04:08 AM
Congrats, this is awesome. You have worked hard for it
As for cramps in your feet, I get them often, without swimming, sometimes when I am walking.
Why I get them, no idea.
Now make sure to party safely and have fun.

Debbie

Linda From Australia
05-27-2011, 04:12 AM
This is such fantastic news, enjoy the break and have happy thoughts about your progress.

ritzbit
05-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Today we had graduation practice and I got all the gold stuff I get to wear, and a cord I didnt know I was getting. We had a picnic (inside because it just rained) and I got to spend time with everyone while we pigged out lol It was fun. I still dont feel like Im graduating though. And the thing with my feet happens all the time. Even when Im sitting. And sometimes it happens in one and sometimes in both. It hurts really bad but only lasts for a few min.

SandyR
05-27-2011, 01:41 PM
congratulations on your graduation!!!!!!!!!