PDA

View Full Version : I got approved for FMLA.. its a start...

Tracyl50
05-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I just got approved for FMLA. i hope having this, will help me in my future when i have to get S.S. i know a couple of co-workers are not happy about it, and give me a hard time.. You would think people you worked with for years would be understanding. its not my fault i got sick.. they think I'm faking it to get out of work.. i wish i was.. having fibro,lupus,arthritis and now asthma..isn't fun to deal with.. the fatigue is the worst.. but getting the fmla is a start. but why do i feel so guilty to call out when I'm hurting or so tired that i cant move.. its just not right to go to work and feel like i did something wrong. I'm tired of co-workers telling me to leave .. its depressing i thought these people were my friends....

tgal
05-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Tracy,

Most of us have been there. We can't understand how that can't see what is happening to us but we look too normal. Thankfully you got the FMLA which is a start. Maybe getting some time out of the the stress and out of the florescent lights will make a difference. Only you will know that. My work "friends" were gone as soon as I wasn't at work. I didn't think that would happen but it did. the good news is that I have a wonderful family here that understands better than anyone else!

Gizmo
05-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Tracy,
Congratulations on getting the FMLA. It is sad that your coworkers aren't supporting you, but this is time for you to concentrate on getting better. Try to put work behind you for now and take care of yourself. I had to go out on FMLA for a year for my daughter, but it helped me fight my disease, too. I wasn't able to go back, but it was absolutely the right thing to do. I hope you are able to put any guilt behind you, and be at peace during your rest.

steve.b
05-23-2011, 12:57 AM
a great relief. somebody believes you, that is why you got fmla. often others become jealous of what we have. it is like you have a special present that they cant have. a get out of jail free card.
this may not be the case, hopefully they will not become bitter towards you.

you only have what you need and deserve.

debbie-b
05-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Hi Guys,

I am very fogged today. What is FMLA? I know, I will say, DUHH, after you tell me, but right now, everything is blank.

Debbie

Linda From Australia
05-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Ditto what Deb said

Tracyl50
05-23-2011, 06:31 AM
The Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows ”eligible” employees to take off up to 12 work weeks in any 12 month period for the birth or adoption of a child, to care for a family member, or if the employee themselves has serious health condition. it protects your job and pay rate while you take time off from work... i was hoping to get it since i used all of my sick time up and i know i couldn't go 6 months without calling out.. Fmla is without pay but at least i still have a job right now...

http://www.employer-employee.com/fmla.html

debbie-b
05-23-2011, 07:49 AM
The Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows ”eligible” employees to take off up to 12 work weeks in any 12 month period for the birth or adoption of a child, to care for a family member, or if the employee themselves has serious health condition. it protects your job and pay rate while you take time off from work... i was hoping to get it since i used all of my sick time up and i know i couldn't go 6 months without calling out.. Fmla is without pay but at least i still have a job right now...

http://www.employer-employee.com/fmla.html

I wish it was with pay, I would take it today.

Debbie

Tracyl50
05-23-2011, 09:21 AM
i wish it was with pay also. but when i need one or two days off i can.. it maybe without pay but i still have a job for now...

debbie-b
05-23-2011, 10:17 AM
I know, what you mean, I have it available as well, but I also have 6 paid sick days and 3 paid personal days.
Unfortunatly, I need the pay check, but I know, it is good to have, just in case. It's a peace of mind, that you can stay home for a while and still have a job, to go back to.

Debbie