PDA

View Full Version : Tour of California

BonusMom
05-17-2011, 08:01 PM
My new profile photo is of the cyclists in the AMGEN Tour of CA as they raced to the finish line in front of my office yesterday. The cyclists are so lean and muscular (and young!). It was quite a vision!

After Stage 1 was cancelled on Sunday and Stage 2 shortened due to snow, it was great to see the athletes finally get to compete and cross the finish line on Monday, although it had just started to sprinkle.

steve.b
05-17-2011, 10:36 PM
The cyclists are so lean and muscular (and young!). It was quite a vision!.

sounds like you and Magistramarla need to get together again.
you with your cyclists, she with her officers in gym shorts.

BonusMom
05-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah, that's us, Steve....two Cougars chasing athletes in spandex! Oh, that's right, Marla's DH rides a bike every day to class so she's got that base covered already ;-) hehe

The cyclists did three laps around the Capitol and I tell you, they whizzed by so fast, maybe three seconds and they were gone.

Stage 3 started in Auburn, CA, through Folsom (my backyard), through the back roads of the Gold Country to Oakdale (where a Hershey plant was located until a couple of years ago and where my husband's grandmother lived/passed away at 108 in 2008, and finally, the finish in Modesto, my DH's birthplace and where my in-laws, The Cleavers, still reside.

Enough about my family history......we were talking about young guns and muscles...

rob
05-18-2011, 02:16 AM

You crack me up Steve!

SandyR
05-18-2011, 07:10 AM

sounds like I should come visit with scenery like this! *ROTFL*

steve.b
05-18-2011, 07:20 AM
it is good to laugh

BonusMom
05-18-2011, 11:16 AM
I added another photo to my album that I took with my Blackberry and it even includes the backside of an officer for Marla (maybe a difference kind of officer, but an officer nonetheless!). Sorry, but he wasn't wearing shorts.........well shucks it looks like it did update my avatar (I got an error message when I did it, so I added the pix to my album). Regardless, this one might show the muscular details a little better, the other shot, the cyclists were but a blur--they were whizzing by so darn fast.

We'd love to have you join the Cougar party, Sandy. You're so young, they have a special term for your group don't they? Aren't you a "Lion" or perhaps a "Lioness?"

SandyR
05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure what the term is...I'll just be a cougar cub - a cougar in training...I'm sure I'll still appreciate the view in 10-20yrs! With the way my eyes are I'll see it better now too! Better store up the images into my memory bank. LOL!

Saysusie
05-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure what the term is...I'll just be a cougar cub - a cougar in training...I'm sure I'll still appreciate the view in 10-20yrs! With the way my eyes are I'll see it better now too! Better store up the images into my memory bank. LOL!

How funny..I was thinking the same thing myself. Oh how we get excited about such simple pleasures in our old decrepit age LOL

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
05-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Hi Everyone,
You were talking about me and my ears were burning!
The AMGEN tour came through my town today. The starting point for today's leg of the race was in Seaside, right down the hill from us. The cyclists came up the hill that Jeff rides on to go to and from school. They rode over Laurel's grade into the Carmel Valley and on to Paso Robles today.
California is definitely a great place to live for us voyeuristic cougars. I don't have to go far at all to watch all sorts of athletic young men (and at least one older one!).
I may be married, but I'm not dead yet!
Hugs,
Marla