PDA

View Full Version : out all day

ruziska
05-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Today is the annual letter carrier food drive- a nation wide event. My husband is a mailman so I help out every year. I'll drive around and pick up donations and take them back to the drop off. I've got my "Lupus kit" which includes sunscreen, hydrocortisone cream, pain relievers and so on. Got my hat and my cane. I'm NOT cooking tonight. Already told dear hubby that he's ordering pizza. I'll be in the sun all day and today is gorgeous already and very sunny. Let's hope I don't pay for it later. Wish me luck!

tgal
05-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for you. There shouldn't be a penalty for doing a good deed!

ruziska
05-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm baaaaack. The food drive, although I don't have numbers yet, for me, went well. Only problem was itching but once I got home and back inside, it settled down and I feel fine. Still not cooking tonight- hubby WILL order pizza (unless he'd rather go hungry).

tgal
05-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Glad it went well for you! I was out all day with my daughters 16th Birthday Party. I am worn out and doubt I have enough meds to make it to the family lunch tomorrow but it was well worth it! I am so lucky to have a daughter like Ashleigh and hopefully she knows that. Great Party weekend... tired mom

magistramarla
05-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Ruziska,
I'm glad that you had a good day doing a good deed. LOL- it sounds like your hubby "cooks" the same way mine does!

Mari,
It sounds like your Ashleigh has had a wonderful "sweet sixteen", thanks to her sweet Mom. Wish her a happy birthday for me.
My oldest is 34 today!!! Those birthdays do fly by!
Hugs,
Marla

busymom3
05-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Glad it went well for you! I think the food drive is a great event. And my husband cooks the same way. :)

Nonna
05-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Glad it went well, I'm so lucky to be living with my daughter. She cooked dinner while I recovered from my Saturday excursion. Aren't we lucky to have great supporters.